Determine your eligibility – Study in Canada
캐나다 비자가 면제인 국가(예. 한국)이며 2015년 7월 31일 이전에 학생 혹은 취업비자 허가를 받은 경우는 eTA (사전여행허가)를 신청하여 승인 받아야 합니다.
To be eligible to study in Canada
캐나다에서 학업을 하기 위해서는 학생비자가 필요합니다. 학생비자를 승인 받기 위해서는 최소한의 다음 조건이 만족되어야 합니다.
- 캐나다 교육기관으로 부터 받은 입학허가서/ 학업을 유지하는 데 충분한 자금입증/ 범죄경력에 대한 심사 통과/ 건강에 대한 심사 통과/ 학업 완료 후 본국으로 귀국할 의지 등
- You must have been accepted by a designated learning institution in Canada.
- You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
- tuition fees
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
- return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
- You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
- You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
다음의 경우에는 캐나다에서 학업을 진행하는 데 학생비자가 필요없습니다.
- 단기 (6개월 미만) 프로그램
6개월 이내에 반드시 학업을 완료하여야 합니다.
You do not need a study permit if you plan to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.
- GAC로 인정받은 외교공관의 직원 혹은 그 가족
If you are a family member or staff member of a foreign representative to Canada accredited by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), you may not need a permit to study in Canada. You should contact your embassy in Canada. Your embassy can contact the Office of Protocol at GAC to find out whether you need a study permit.
- Visiting Forces Act에 의해 캐나다에 체류하고 있는 외국군인
If you are a member of a foreign armed force under the Visiting Forces Act, you do not need a permit to study in Canada. If your family members, including minor children, want to study in Canada, they must meet the requirements.
- 캐나다에 등록된 인디언 (Registered Indians) 으로 캐나다 이외의 나라의 시민권자
If you are a citizen of another country who has Registered Indian status in Canada, you do not need a permit to study in Canada.
Study permits: Assessing the application
학생비자 최초 신청과 연장 신청 시, 다음 문서와 자료를 반드시 제출하여야 합니다.
- Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada form [IMM 1294] (overseas) or Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Student form [IMM 5709] (inland);
- Family Information form [IMM 5645], if applicable;
- Schedule 1 – Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada form [IMM 5257], if applicable;
- Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union form [IMM 5409], if applicable;
- Custodianship Declaration form [IMM 5646], for applicants who are minors;
- Use of a Representative form [IMM 5476], if applicable;
- Letter of acceptance (outside of Canada), or letter of enrolment or transcript (renewals) from a designated learning institution (DLI);
- Proof of financial support;
- Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) or letter of approval from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI) for a CAQ for applicants destined to Quebec;
- Application processing fee payment, and if applicable, biometric process fee payment;
- Proof of identity:
- original valid passport, or
- photocopy of the information/biodata page of the applicant’s passport;
- Two recent passport-sized photographs (applicant’s name and date of birth should be written on the back of the photos); and
- Proof of completion of upfront medical examination from the panel physician (optional).
Reviewing the application package for completeness
이민 심사관은 학생비자를 심사 시, 다음을 확인 합니다.
- check to ensure that the application form has been properly completed and signed by the applicant;
- determine whether a fee is required and that payment has been included with the application;
- for initial and new study permit applications, review the original letter of acceptance (or the scanned copy in the case of applications submitted through e-Apps) to make sure that it is issued by a DLI and that it covers all the basic necessary information. See the Loss of designation status section when the letter of acceptance on file was issued by an institution that appears to no longer be designated;
- for study permit renewals, review the letter of enrolment or transcript, or the letter issued by the DLI to ensure that the student is in compliance with their study permit conditions (e.g., enrolled and actively pursuing studies);
- review the financial documents to determine if adequate financial resources are available to support the applicant and any accompanying family members for the first year of the course of study. Applications for extensions to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville (CPC-V) must meet the same requirement;
- verify that the applicant has a valid passport or travel document upon presentation of their application;
- for both initial and new study permit applications, and applications for study permit renewals, verify that the applicant has a valid CAQ, if they are destined to a DLI in Quebec.
제출하여야 할 자료가 부족하거나 서명등이 되어 있지않아 완성이 되었다고 판단할 수 없는 신청서는 반환됩니다.
If the documents are incomplete because they fail to meet the requirements, processing of the application cannot be initiated. Officers will return the application and documents to the client with a written request for the missing information.
If the application fee has not been included or is incorrect, the application should be returned unprocessed to the applicant with a request that it be resubmitted with the correct fee.
신청자는 학생비자를 신청할 때 다음을 확인 하여야 합니다.
본인 신분 증명 (Proof of identity)
Applicants must provide proof of identity such as a passport, a travel document or official identity document, or photocopies of the following pages: identity pages, date and place of issue, and validity date.
Persons exempt from a passport requirement should provide an acceptable personal identification such as citizenship document, national identification document or birth certificate.
학업을 위해 체류하는 동안 필요한 자금입증 (Financial sufficiency)
Students are required to demonstrate financial sufficiency for only the first year of studies, regardless of the duration of the course or program of studies in which they are enrolled.
In other words, a single student entering a four-year degree program with an annual tuition fee of $15,000 must demonstrate funds of $15,000 to satisfy the requirements, and not the full $60,000 which would be required for four years. Officers should be satisfied however that the probability of funding for future years does exist (i.e., parents are employed); scholarship is for more than one year. Applications for extensions made to CPC-V must also meet this requirement.
Assessing available resources
- Student base: $10,000 for twelve-month period, prorated at $833 per month, plus cost of tuition.
- Spouse/common-law partner/first family member base-$4,000 for twelve-month period prorated at $333 per month.
- Dependent child/subsequent family member base-$3,000 for twelve-month period per dependent child of any age, prorated at $255 per month.
인터뷰 (Interviews가 있을 수도 있습니다.)
In certain circumstances, it may be necessary to interview the applicant. Reasons that may warrant the need for an interview include
- questions or doubts concerning applicant’s reasons for wishing to come to Canada, the arrangements made for their care and support, and their ability or willingness to leave Canada;
- circumstances when the officer needs more information or clarification before finalizing an application:
For example, for study permit renewals, when the officer needs more information to determine whether the applicant is in compliant with their study permit conditions (e.g., be enrolled and actively pursuing studies at a DLI);
- suspicions that the foreign national may be a victim of human trafficking (see temporary resident permit guidelines).
Designated learning institution
Extend your study permit
Apply for eTA